Rcbs Gold FL sizer - neck tension issues

Recon$$

I have a 6.5 prc. I shot 50 rounds of new Hornady brass. Tumbled, did a full length resize and go to seat a round and realize every piece has no neck tension. I played around with the die and can't get anything out of it. I have a set of gold's for a .308 and love them. I plan on calling them tomorrow if they are open on Sundays... Anyone else run into this issue?

I do a full resize on all my hunting rifles. I have the die 1/8 to 1/4th turn past contact with the shell holder. I have never run into this issue, hoping it's just me being stupid but it's not looking that way. Any suggestions?

I have a RCBS Gold FL sizer set and it requires a bushing. Sounds like this may be the first time you are using these dies and may not realize it is a 'bushing' die set?...maybe or you forgot to install the bushing or wrong size bushing? Just trying to jog your memory. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Rick is most likely right. Run a piece of brass through the die with the decapping rod removed and looked down inside the die. You'll need a bushing that provides .002" of neck tension

I can't for the life of me remember dropping a bushing in my other gold die. Yep, I need a bushing. Thanks clearing that up.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.