RCBS fl die troubles...

cowboy717

I have RCBS fl dies for 308. And after loading new lapua 308 brass I notices that the first was hard to run through the die, then notices the neck, it had some nasty groves in it. What can be done to it? Polish it? This is the first trouble I've ever had with RCBS dies.

Yes, brass had been tumbled and cleaned. Die was taken apart and cleaned before and after I noticed the scratches. Didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Cowboy,

You might try hitting the insides with a bit of very fine emory cloth and see if that doesn't take care of it. I've seen this from time to time, and this will usually solve the proble. Best if you can chuck up the die to do the polishing, as this will keep the treatment uniform. after that, just make sure your cases are thoroughly lubed with something like Imperial and that should be the ned of the problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.