rangefinders....

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Sendero_Man, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Sendero_Man

Sendero_Man <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

anyone have any experience with a Vectronix Vector IV ?

I have always run a Leica or Swaro, but have been seeing these Vecs. become more affordable... LOL lately.

thoughts or experience with them ? They look incredible !

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

No but my endless search for the perfect affordable LRF is always continuing. So I will watch this thread for info too.:)

On a side note, I FINALLY did get "the top three side by side last week in Wyoming. Swaro Laser guide, Leica CRF 1200 and the new Zeiss. We were ranging a tree ( I know ... we don't hunt trees:rolleyes: ) But for what it's worth the Leica kicked butt. It was faster and gave a number everytime as my new, perfectly tuned, Swaro would only range it about 1 in 4 tries. Mid day, slightly overcast, tree was at 1152 yards. Leica and Swaro were with in 1 or two yards of each other each time. The Zeiss was ranging 100 yards short each time.. More testing is needed but at this time I still am not counting the Leica 1200 CRF out and would recommend everyone try them both if possible before you buy.

Sorry for the hijack, I have become obsessed with this topic. :rolleyes:

So back to the scheduled program... Anyone have field experience on the Vectronix Vector IV ??

3. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

LOL, I know what you mean. I am in the search of a range finder and find myself trying to figure it out. The Swaro is getting my nod right now... up until this thread. I was considering the Zeiss, but now that is off the grid I guess. I have been told to for go the Leica and go right for the Swaro. What to do, what to do???

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Tank