Range card

ropeNshoot

I'm shooting a .300WM with a 208Amax. I know this is general but could any of y'all that shoot a similar/same load show me your range card?

First off: I know it won't be the same for me. I just want to compare.

I would like to see the data in mils. If it's in moa I can do the math to figure out what I need.

And here's the problem. I punch my data into the calculator and it spits out the appropriate corrections. They seem way off. I want to double check that (if some of you are cool with sharing) before I waste ammunition senselessly.

Maybe if you put up your data some of us can double check your inputs compared to your field results and give you some help that way.

Rem700 .300wm, 26" 5r barrel. 208amax WLRM primer, H1000 powder. Still working up a load with this powder but 76.5gr is looking pretty good. I have another load with the same bullet and 71.5g of H4831sc but I want to use the H1000. Without a chrony, I expect that this load is roughly 2800fps. I'm using that in the ballistics calc.

It shows:
100yds zero
200 .5mils
300 1.1mils
400 1.9mils
500 2.7mils
600 3.6
700 4.5
800 5.6
900 6.7
1000 7.9

Maybe these numbers are really close. I just bought a s&b pmII so I'm learning mils. Are these numbers close enough to start stretching this out?

Try your calculator with the following:

G7-.324
G1-,633
MV-2760
Temp 59
Pressure 27
Humidity 30
Sight above bore 2 (or your correct SAB)
Sg-1.8

MMERSS,

The numbers that data generates are really close to what I've got. Within a couple 1/10's of a mil. Can that be trusted to get close?

I realize that there is no substitute for range time, but I'd like to know I'm not going to waste a bunch of ammo trying to figure it out. My only access to ranges longer than 100yds is limited to invitations.

I've spent the last year tweaking loads on all of my rifles till they'll shoot one hole groups at 100yds. It's time to stretch them out but I don't want to do it blindly.

MMERSS,

It's time to stretch them out but I don't want to do it blindly.

I would suggest investing in the book Accuracy and Precision for Long Range Shooting by Applied Ballistics, Bryan Litz.

This book will walk you through how to validate your rifle's ballistics. It is well worth the money!

Seriously, it is WELL WORTH THE MONEY AND TIME.

Try your calculator with the following:

G7-.324
G1-,633
MV-2760
Temp 59
Pressure 27
Humidity 30
Sight above bore 2 (or your correct SAB)
Sg-1.8

ropeNshoot,

What I have listed above by itself has no valid meaning. I was more interested in your response to see if you were heading in a direction for what I think you were asking.

Again, buy the book mentioned. Read it more than once. It could just save you a ton of range time and frustration.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts