range card

jasonshortjeeper

I have a .375 cheytac built by Lawton. The rifle is awsome but i have a problem. I live in western Oregon and the longest range i can get is 500 yards and thats hard to do becaus i have to shoot from one clear cut to another. It can take a while to find the road to get to the clear cut and it can also be dangerouse not knowing who might show up over there.

My question is does anyone have one of thiese and if so do you have a range card out to at least 1500 yards? I will have a chance to shoot out to that range when i go to eastern Oregon and Colorado and it would be nice not to have to guess when i get there. I am shooting 350 Serria mach kings, 134 grns of Retumbo powder.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Jason.

Print your own @ http://www.jbmballistics.com/~jbm/cgi-bin/jbmucard-5.0.cgi

Enter your data and tweak it to match your current drops and print a nice little chart. I get my ballistic data from Loadbase then tweak JBM to match and print there nice little chart for a back up to my PPC.

I recently tried the new calculator on the Best of the West web site and it was spot on with my ballistics program also but with no tweaking, but the chart is to large.

You need muzzle velocity, scope height, site in range and height and you can get the bullet info from the web site and some enviromentals. I probly missed something but that would get you started, or if you post it some one would have a better chance of helping.:)

Booney,

I would call Lawton machine and barrel, they know alot about this round and are very willing to talk to you it. They know alot more about it then i do. They talked me into it.

hope that helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.