RAMSHOT Powder anybody else using it??????

reed mosser

I just recently started using Ramshot powders. Before that I used IMR and Hodgen, Alliant powders. I stopped using alliant because of huge lot to lot varations. Im using ramshot powders in all my guns know and having very good results. It fills the cases more , due to the very small ball powder,seems to be constant in different temps, accurate, and cheap. I have heard many times that ball powder is easier on barrels and has lower flame temps. I didn't pay much attention until I started using it, I swear you can grab the barrel after 5 or 7 shoots and tell the difference.Im using magnum in my 6.5 twist 22 dasher to shoot the 100 grain wildcats with 20 fps extreme spreads with little effort. Either way im trying to use in in all my guns and am having the best of luck with it. I don't here many people talking about it and wanted to see what every one else thought about it.

Yes. I use TAC for my .308. I've found that it meters consistently out of my Dillon powder measure and it gives me 1/2 MOA groups using 175 gr SMK. I'm very pleased with it.

I've also noticed that it's not temperature sensative either.

I did not have good results with it in 338 lapua. I have some 308 rounds loaded up with TAC and will try that next. I also found it very dirty.

I use Tac in a 223 heavy barrel. It's a real tack driver. Just ordered 8 lb magnum for a RUM but have'nt tried it yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.