Montana Extreme 'copper cream'. Anybody else???

Michael Eichele

The rifle range, or archery range or behind the co
Am I the only one that has phenomenal success removing carbon fouling with this stuff? Not copper but carbon. I swear crap that I could only previously remove with the dreaded JB paste comes right out with ease with copper cream. I've had stellar results with several barrels.

Anybody else notice this?

I was using it along with JB and 2 hours of scrubbing but finally got a new barrel and my copper went away. It was good stuff.

I have used copper cream and it is a good carbon remover. I usually only use it during a break-in because it is mildly abrasive. BTE does a good enough job for me of removing both copper and carbon. I have read on Lija's site that a small amount of carbon is a good thing and not to remove all of it.

I haven't noticed much of an odor.

Thanks Mark. I agree a fine layer of carbon is good. Lilja and Hart preach this. That said, I've had trouble getting the caked on crud out from along side the lands. This stuff has been great.

It doesn't seem to be as abrasive as JB. It feels abrasive when it dries but I haven't noticed the black due to steel polishing. A hair bit of gray here and there but mostly brown crud. I hope it's not too abrasive.

M

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.