Anybody else impressed with rem 770 accuracy?

eddybo

I sight in a bunch of rifles every year for friends and familly. I probably did this 30 times this year. I did the same last year, and for the second year in a row the best shooting factory rifle that I sighted in was a remington 770 in 7RM. Last year the gun had the scope that came bore sighted with the gun. It was almost dead on and it shot 3 shots well within 1/2 inch. The owner upgraded scopes in the off season and had the gun bore sighted. It was once again almost dead on and shot 3 shots well under 1/2 inch. Did he just get a good one? Anybody else had or shot one of these. They feel very cheap IMO but the one that I have shot shoots very very good using factory ammo.

That is kinda what I figured, thanks for confirming my suspicions. The one my buddy has out shoots just about any factory gun I have ever owned. Did you and your dad do any good?

Just let me know when you need to borrow it....but Dec 1 and 2nd it is going to TX for a nilgia (maybe) and a bunch of pigs and couple whitetails. Just do not shoot it without hearing protection:)

I changed my plans for my rifle range deer gun, put my 7WSM back in the safe and dialed the big boy in for that logging road that crosses the range at 720 yards. Next time that big 10 steps out that opening I am going to see what a 338 AM will do to a southeastern whitetail. There is not such thing as overkill, and I gotta keep those mean ol bucks off my rifle range somehow.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.