Ramshot plant in Belguim had explosion

Engineering101

I was wondering why I was seeing no Ramshot powders anywhere so I called them up and asked. Turns out there was an explosion at the plant in Belguim from whom Western Powders imports Ramshot. The explostion took out there production capability. The plant is now back on line however they can only ship one container of powder per ship and only certain ships will handle gunpowder which is a constraint. Also they provide TAC to a bunch of ammo manufacturers so getting that in was their first priority and they did get a shipment of TAC. They don't know when they will be getting some of the more interesting powders for long range applications such as Magnum but at least the manufacturer is back on line so it should not be forever and hopefully it will be a lot less than forever.

Yeah, that was about March 5, 2015.

But between that and military demand, Groupe SNPE which is a French state-owned comglomorate. Their military uses a lot of what we know as TAC, so that production shouldn't be as impacted.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.