Ramblings and Such From Hunting Coyote

I'm not smarter than a lot of the coyotes that I've hunted and killed I just knew some of the common traits they would have and the habits that they get to doing over and over. Sun Tzu wrote in the Art OF War you should know your enemy; the coyote was my opponent not my enemy, and I spent hours, days, and years studying them to get to know some of their weaknesses so that I could take advantage of them to be successful at killing the problem ones. Cussing is in all aspects of our lives, at one time when I was younger the expression was, they could cuss like a sailor, I did pretty good at it before I became one, and became even more proficient at it, when I was one. I am a lot better at not using profane words today, my grandma always told me if you walk with the lame you will learn to limp, she was right, and I did! That's a nasty habit you have there young man, from the outlaw Josey Wailes. I still find people spitting gross and nasty.

So sad that one individual can cause so much damage, for others to contend with instead of being held responsible for their actions. We had a similar person who showed his dog being sicked on bobcats in leghold traps on the internet, didn't think the 72-hour check law applied to him, and several other violations as well as being an a78h093 in general. I am saddened to hear that a very useful tool is being lost for use by the guys that do so much for the producers that feed the rest of us.

You heard right. All because of the irresponsible, childish, illegal behavior of one person.
It's a done deal. ☹️

Ed
Thats the world we live in today

They find one wrong behaved person, use it as an example to punish everyone.

I don't see that ever changing for the better. Our kids are living through it in publics schools, while we live through it in all other aspects of life like this above trap ban scenerio. Hard to stay positive when you do the right thing and keep your head up, meanwhile slowly getting your rights taken nibble by nibble.......

Highlight of my week so far. Hate to say it but this is my first one in about 4 months. I seen this one yesterday AM, it had a bum rear leg, got along fine you could just tell it had a wierd gate. Well it was about an hour earlier today but the wife looked out the window and called it out to me. There were two today but by the time I got out of the house and where I could get a shot, this female was the only one left. It hesitated, looked around at a doe stomping at it which gave me time to get on her good. She was facing away from me, actually started to let out a howl and I squeezed of the shot. Was an explosion of hair and straight down. Woot Woot lol. 7mag at about 200 was not fur friendly. 20240319_102127.jpg20240319_102039.jpg20240319_102024.jpg

It was called flock shooting when I was younger. They did it in the military to teach us that one person acting badly could and had caused the death of many others. In 1972 Richard Nixon signed into law a bill that banned all of our control toxins due to people not using them responsibly. We learned how to do our jobs differently then and will again. The old saying that one bad apple spoils the whole barrel came about for a reason it has been around longer than any of us have been alive. We will still do our work to the best of our abilities with what we have left. We will set our traps, snares and call predators all the while learning how to do so better as we gain more experience and visit with others about how they do things differently than we do. The ones of us that take predator control seriously will adapt and overcome the restrictions placed on us as we have in the past and will in the future. I know from experience that there are people that do foolish things that no matter what I will not be able to tell them anything differently. Grant me the wisdom to know what I can and can't change has also been around longer than I have, someone who has a better memory than me can say the whole saying. I am thinking that Buck and several others have it memorized.

Recent Posts