R Bros 7WSM

I have not received my rifle from Travis yet but this is one of the many things that made me want him to build my new custom rig. He is a stand up guy and great to deal with. All of the emails and conversations we have had he has put my wants first and gettting me exactly wat i want. I have no doubt that when he is finished with it that it will be exactly what i asked for and probably even more. I cant wait till he gives the call tellin me its ready to rock!

+1 for travis and R bros rifles

Nice rifle. I would like to build a similar LR hunter. Hoping to keep it under 10lbs. A few questions to a guy who's obviously got it figured out if you don't mind;

What is your OAL with 180 bergers?
Have you tried JLK 180's?
Do you find yourself pushing the limits of the Seekins WSM mag?

Thanks in advance

Not that Travis needs anymore endorsements, but here we go.

In the past 3 years I have sold every rifle I owned except the 3 that Travis has built for me, and my brothers 300WM built by Kevin Cram

Travis does exactly what he says as far as making it easy.

The first rifle he built me was a 6.5-47 Lapua, furnished w/ load data and mounted my Nightforce scope, ready to roll. Unpacked it, loaded some ammo, and was busting steel at 700 yards that afternoon. Extemely accurate rifle, and almost boringly accurate.
The next rifle he built me was a 6.5-06 AI for hunting. Again, the same story.
When I got the rifle, test target, load data and dummy round included. Just load and go. Another tack driver built by Travis.

My latest addition is a 338 EDGE. I did not know if a 338 was in the cards after shoulder surgury awhile back, but have one now.
Another day, but same story. Travis built another tack driver and made the process easy. Took his dummy round and load data, loaded up some rounds a grain or so light, and sighted in my scope. Then took the recommended data , loaded some more rounds, and shot a 5 shot group that measured 0.382 !! You read that correctly, 0.382 for a 338 5 shot group.
Bottom line is that R BROS Rifles is top notch in my book.
I only hope he doesn't get so popular that I can still get a rifle built.
IMG_1445.jpg

Nice rifle. I would like to build a similar LR hunter. Hoping to keep it under 10lbs. A few questions to a guy who's obviously got it figured out if you don't mind;

What is your OAL with 180 bergers?
Have you tried JLK 180's?
Do you find yourself pushing the limits of the Seekins WSM mag?

Thanks in advance

OAL with the 180's is 2.960"
I haven't tried the 180 JLK's yet, but have used their 6.5 bullets alot.
This setup is not the Seekins WSM box. It uses Accurate mags (AICS) without the spacer. Allows for a 2.980" OAL. We use the new Seekins AI bottom metal setup with all of our builds now with the exception of the 338's. Its rugged and simple.

Jim,
Glad to see the Edge is behaving for you. Been on a whirlwind work schedule trying to get everyone's stuff out the door for hunting season. Hope to get some blood on this WSM soon.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Look for some new stuff coming from us this winter. Kinda expanding the business a little to include some new stuff.

That is what I have been looking for, a "light-weight", long range rifle that is setup and ready to go.

Do you have any idea what the rifle weighs w/o the scope? I'm guessing around 7.5 lbs?

That is a really nice looking rig and I really like how you have taken the time to get a good load to go with the rifle. I've got to sell some stuff and give you a call. Thanks for all the info, great looking rifle!

Glenn

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.