Quick Load help with 28 Nosler

maninthemaze

Would someone care to run a 28 Nosler through quick load using reloder 26. I have been running 64.2 grains of R26 in my 7wsm with great results. I have decided to rebarrel it and change it to a 28 Nosler in the process. I still have 5 pounds of R26 that I would really like to use in the 28. I have asked Berger for load data, and they sent me some, but said they don't have any load data using R26.

Thanks in advance.

You didn't say which bullet and COAL.
Berger 195 EOL bullet and I'm not sure of the COAL. I just received my barrel yesterday and will be sending everything to the gunsmith shortly. The factory COAL is 3.499. My smith is supposed to throat the gun for the Berger's and so they will still fit in my magazine box. It's a Stiller Tac 300, so there should be plenty of room.

Thanks

IMO: Don't do it. Reloader 26 is way to fast.

A Nosler 28 with 195 VLD is in the Reloader 33, Retumbo, H1000, H870, US869 or even H50bmg range.

A lot of pressure through a small hole.

I know in my 7wsm, I gained about 100fps without the pressure signs of the H1000 powder. I just figured since there is published data using R26 in the 7wsm, 7stw and 300wby, that it would be a good powder for the 28 Nosler. I might be wrong, but hopefully not.

I know in my 7wsm, I gained about 100fps without the pressure signs of the H1000 powder. I just figured since there is published data using R26 in the 7wsm, 7stw and 300wby, that it would be a good powder for the 28 Nosler. I might be wrong, but hopefully not.

Those are very different cartridges from the 28 Nosler. H1000 in your 28 would be great. RL26, fogedaboudit.

Berger 195 EOL bullet and I'm not sure of the COAL. I just received my barrel yesterday and will be sending everything to the gunsmith shortly. The factory COAL is 3.499. My smith is supposed to throat the gun for the Berger's and so they will still fit in my magazine box. It's a Stiller Tac 300, so there should be plenty of room.

Thanks

Go with at least a 3.75 mag box.

You won't get everything you can out of the factory COAL.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.