28 nosler 180 hybrid load help

Bertram has 28 Nosler brass that should be better than either Nosler or Norma.

A few notes from the field:

Nosler brass is definitely soft. Hornady brass has been decent.

Looking good! I use RL33, CCI250 and 180Hybrids in my 28 nosler, It has a brux 1-9 twist as well.
Thanks. That's what mine is. 1-9 Brux #5. What kinda speed and accuracy u getting with rl 33

Last edited:
Thanks. That's what mine is. 1-9 Brux #5. What kinda speed and accuracy u getting with rl 33

Im not pushing it very hard, getting 3140FPS with the 180Hybrid and 26nosler brass necked up to 28. Have fired brass 6 times and primer pockets are still holding. It groups fantastic in my rifle I'm getting consistent 1" groups at 300yards and very little vertical spread further out.

Im not pushing it very hard, getting 3140FPS with the 180Hybrid and 26nosler brass necked up to 28. Have fired brass 6 times and primer pockets are still holding. It groups fantastic in my rifle I'm getting consistent 1" groups at 300yards and very little vertical spread further out.
Thank you for the info!! Any idea what would be a good starting load with rl 33 I have a little bit of it to

I've never been a fan of muzzle brakes, that is the only thing I would change.
Totally understand. I am not a huge fan of them either. But it does make the bigger calibers easier to shoot and spot hits. I also had them make me a seamless thread protector so I can take the brake off.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts