Question/Help/Advice for Remington Sendero

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by bigg_sexy1, Aug 11, 2008.

1. bigg_sexy1

bigg_sexy1 Well-Known Member

I am looking for some advice on a problem that I encountered yesterday at the range.

I have been working up a load for my Remington Sendero SFII 300 RUM using 210gr Bergers and H1000. The rifle is stock other than an SSG V-port brake, 3X9X40 Bushnell 3200

So yesterday I was running a ladder test from 87 gr - 91 gr of H1000... 87, 88, 89 all shot great (well under 1" at 100 yds) 90 gr shot so so, and the first 2 shots I fired with 91 grs were all over... first shot 4" high 2" left, 2nd shot 4" low/ center. I had a couple of rounds loaded at 87grs left so I tried those with similar results.

Is it possible that after shooting 20 rounds that my barrel as so badly fowled that it was shooting that eradically or should I be looking a little deeper into this, has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Any info, help, advice would be great.

Thx

2. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

First thing I would look at is all the scope/base screws and the action screws to make sure everything is tight. Next I would test the scope on a known rifle/load or put a known good scope on this rifle. I have a hard time believing it fouled so badly in 20 shots that it made that much difference but maybe? I think something is probably loose or the scope crapped out on you.

3. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

If you have to drive to a range then I would do as KRP stated. If you are one of the lucky ones that has a back yard range then I would just clean it and step out back and give her a go. Then if it still isn't holding up, check the scope...hardware first.

4. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

Did you do a barrel break in?

5. bigg_sexy1

bigg_sexy1 Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks fellas, got the rifle all cleaned up, I found that the action screws were a little loose... off to the range to see what life is like now. The scope mounts were tight and this gun does shoot
    [​IMG]
    5 shots with 87 gr H1000
    [​IMG]
    5 shots 88 gr H1000
    [​IMG]
    4 shots scattered all over the place

After shooting a couple of really good groups that last target really threw me off. Hopefully everything is all good now. Thanks again.