Need advice for equiping a new Sendero

Moman

I have just ordered a new Sendero II in 300 RUM and need some advice on equipment to outfit it. In the long run, this will be a platform for something along the lines of a 338 Edge, but that is a little while down the road. I do want to outfit it with quality components so I don't have to re-buy these items again later. I am interested in knowing what some of you have used with items like rings/bases, scopes, bipods, angle idicators etc. Also, are there any initial things to consider (i.e. skim bedding, muzzle break etc)? Any help would be appreciated.

For outfitting a good rifle, I am partial to 2 scopes. The NF NXS series and the Leupold Mark 4's.

For bases, I am a fan of picitinny style rails and two peice 20 MOA tapered bases. I like 2 peice for when I am trying to save weight. As far as rings, I like the Badger ordinance and the NF ultra light. Again, BO for super duty and NF UL's for when weight matters. Even though they are light, they are very stout and solid. I like harris bipods. I use the short bench rest model mostly but sometimes use a double length for around tall grass and the like. For angle measurments, I use the sniper tools ACI (angle cosine indicator). It is costly for its size but functions perfect and is small, light and fits right to the gun. Shawn Carlock makes a really cool mount with a level incorporated that replaces the top 1/2 of an NF ring.

aci-htm Sniper Tools

Defensive Edge Products

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.