Question for the Leupold gurus......lol

Elkwonder

I just ran across a pretty good deal on a new Leupold VXR 4-12x50 with firedot duplex that I would like to put on a Kimber pro varmint in 22-250. However it has a standard turret on the top. Does anyone know If it is comparable with the CDS turret? Can I just get a CDS turret and swap it out for the one that is currently on the VXR? The scope model number is 111241. Thanks for any help. I would love to snatch this scope up as Im scared it may not last till monday when I can call Leupold to find out about the turret swap.

I spoke to leupold last month about a VX-R that was not a CDS model and they said that I would have to send it in to have it retrofitted for a CDS in order to use a custom dial. I think they said it would cost $75 to have it retrofitted plus what it costs for the dial.

Just zero it at 100 or 200 yards, and use hold over out beyond. If you want CDS go vx3-L 4.5-14. I have one on my girlfriends 308. She whacks hogs all summer with that thing.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.