Question for encore guys

timl

Do you guys think a laminated forend would be more conducive to accuracy than synthetic while using a bipod? I'm thinking there would be less flex, therefore less (or no) pressure on the barrel. I know about the hanger bar system, just looking for your thoughts on this.

I use boyds laminate stocks on mine and I think they shoot better...and I think the laminate stock stops the flexing I have experienced with the factory synthetic stocks. And must agree they have to help in the front when using a bipod.

you might want to check out eabco.com you can get laminate set for about $109 and they have a thumbhole set that is very nice . i did a boyds stock for my son's 110 last fall and was happy it ill buy from them again

DB

just orderd a frame from STRATTON CUSTOM black synthetic rifle stock set. most likey will change it out with a laminate stock still deciding on the thumbhole or standard

DB

I bought a Boyd's laminated forend from midway usa and sold the crappy plastic T/C one on ebay for more than I paid for the Boyd's. It is a beavertail style which rides the bag better at the bench and feels better in the hand in my opinion. Haven't shot it with a bipod but I would think it would be better than the T/C one.

I have the boyds thumbhole and forend on my encore in 204. I just bought the combo this spring but so far i love it. It shoots nice off of bags but i love it off a bipod. Has anyone tried the hinge pins with the tighter tolerances. What was the effect on accuracy?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.