Question for encore guys

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by timl, Apr 19, 2007.

1. timl

timl Well-Known Member

Do you guys think a laminated forend would be more conducive to accuracy than synthetic while using a bipod? I'm thinking there would be less flex, therefore less (or no) pressure on the barrel. I know about the hanger bar system, just looking for your thoughts on this.

2. NYLES

NYLES Well-Known Member

I use boyds laminate stocks on mine and I think they shoot better...and I think the laminate stock stops the flexing I have experienced with the factory synthetic stocks. And must agree they have to help in the front when using a bipod.

3. Dead Beat

Dead Beat Well-Known Member

you might want to check out eabco.com you can get laminate set for about $109 and they have a thumbhole set that is very nice . i did a boyds stock for my son's 110 last fall and was happy it ill buy from them again

DB

4. NYLES

NYLES Well-Known Member

Thats it Boyds from EABCO...havent used a thumbhole version.

5. Dead Beat

just orderd a frame from STRATTON CUSTOM black synthetic rifle stock set. most likey will change it out with a laminate stock still deciding on the thumbhole or standard

DB

6. timl

timl Well-Known Member

I currently have a syn. thumbhole, and I think it's MUCH better than the standard.

7. sambo3006

sambo3006 Well-Known Member

I bought a Boyd's laminated forend from midway usa and sold the crappy plastic T/C one on ebay for more than I paid for the Boyd's. It is a beavertail style which rides the bag better at the bench and feels better in the hand in my opinion. Haven't shot it with a bipod but I would think it would be better than the T/C one.

8. alldayhunter

alldayhunter Active Member

I have the boyds thumbhole and forend on my encore in 204. I just bought the combo this spring but so far i love it. It shoots nice off of bags but i love it off a bipod. Has anyone tried the hinge pins with the tighter tolerances. What was the effect on accuracy?

9. Dead Beat

been looking at the pin eabco sells just wondering if it helps

DB