question about optic height above bore

yorke-1

What value do you enter for the optic's height above the bore when you're using a radically canted base?

This came up while shooting beyond 3000 yards using a 200 MOA base. The angle is so radical that entering 4.1" for the height above the bore doesn't seem accurate. Is is better to calculate an average height above the bore?

It's just an odd issue that came up and I didn't really have a good answer for it.

If your retical is in the middle of your scope and your scope is centered in the rings than use the average....ie....add the height of the front and the rear together and divide by 2.

That is what i would do.

I would use the value from the center of the scope at the turrets to the center of the bolt right below it and use that number since that is the spot where the turret will be making the adjustment.

A 200 moa base? For real?

Yes, we tried both the Cold Shot and the Ivey adjustable bases. Neither one of them held up very well to the abuse over a couple of days. We're working on a more durable design.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts