QAD rest too far left

chiefmoose

Hi all. I am brand new to crossbows. I just purchased a TAC 15 elite, and did the QAD HDX upgrade. Started sighting in today, and to get the arrow to hit the bullseye, my rest is obviously too far left. I am shooting at 20yds, and have an HHA optimizer installed. I think it is too far to use the scopes adjustment to fix the problem. Any ideas? what am I missing?

No. The arrow is definitely too far left. I hear a popping sound when cranking it back. Maybe the cable is spooling wrong? I read a post about that after I posted.

Seems to be centered at the nocking loop. Too far left at the rest. But that's the only way I han hit with it. Only shot 20yds so far.

Custom mount. No adjustment. I have lots of adjustment on the qad. But when I center it I shoot about 6" to the right at 20yds.

Chiefmoose, have you checked for cam lean and cam timing? I would definitely center the QAD in the front, center the D loop and start over moving only the D loop. It doesn't take much to throw you way off target so make very small adjustments. Redo your paper tune using a bare shaft and field points at about 15 yards. Follow the tuning procedure in the owners guide starting on page 14. After you get a perfect bullet hole, the only adjustments should be with the scope to get you on target.

Ok. I too the hha optimiser off and it tuned fairly easily. When input it back on I was way to the right. I found that my scope rings weren't seating well on the optimizer. After taking the rings off and seating them well I could adjust the scope to center.Now I have to shoot different bullseyes to keep from damaging arrows. Thanks again for the reply.

Yes they do , for some reason the bottom right fletching is the worst. I think it might be hitting the cables. I plan to upgrade to the QAD soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.