QAD rest too far left

Discussion in 'PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum' started by chiefmoose, Oct 11, 2013.

1. chiefmoose

chiefmoose Member

Hi all. I am brand new to crossbows. I just purchased a TAC 15 elite, and did the QAD HDX upgrade. Started sighting in today, and to get the arrow to hit the bullseye, my rest is obviously too far left. I am shooting at 20yds, and have an HHA optimizer installed. I think it is too far to use the scopes adjustment to fix the problem. Any ideas? what am I missing?

2. Mike K/NJ

Mike K/NJ Well-Known Member

Chiefmoose, With your bow loaded, is the arrow centered over the groove in the bottom of the rail?

3. chiefmoose

chiefmoose Member

No. The arrow is definitely too far left. I hear a popping sound when cranking it back. Maybe the cable is spooling wrong? I read a post about that after I posted.

4. chiefmoose

chiefmoose Member

Seems to be centered at the nocking loop. Too far left at the rest. But that's the only way I han hit with it. Only shot 20yds so far.

5. Mike K/NJ

I'm not familiar with the QAD mount, does it have any left or right adjustment built into the mounting bracket?

6. chiefmoose

chiefmoose Member

Custom mount. No adjustment. I have lots of adjustment on the qad. But when I center it I shoot about 6" to the right at 20yds.

7. Mike K/NJ

Chiefmoose, have you checked for cam lean and cam timing? I would definitely center the QAD in the front, center the D loop and start over moving only the D loop. It doesn't take much to throw you way off target so make very small adjustments. Redo your paper tune using a bare shaft and field points at about 15 yards. Follow the tuning procedure in the owners guide starting on page 14. After you get a perfect bullet hole, the only adjustments should be with the scope to get you on target.

8. chiefmoose

chiefmoose Member

Ok. Thanks for the info. I'll let you know how this works.

9. chiefmoose

chiefmoose Member

Ok. I too the hha optimiser off and it tuned fairly easily. When input it back on I was way to the right. I found that my scope rings weren't seating well on the optimizer. After taking the rings off and seating them well I could adjust the scope to center.Now I have to shoot different bullseyes to keep from damaging arrows. Thanks again for the reply.

10. Mike K/NJ

Good to hear you have it all worked out. How are you liking the QAD over the biscuit?

11. chiefmoose

chiefmoose Member

Never fired it with the biscuit. I heard they tear up the fletchings.

12. Mike K/NJ

Yes they do , for some reason the bottom right fletching is the worst. I think it might be hitting the cables. I plan to upgrade to the QAD soon.