Pulled a double

Tikkamike

Last night my dad and I pulled a double on our general tags. I shot a cow with my 338 Lapua and broke a my old record.....for close shot, she was only 43 yards. and my dad shot this bull (6x7) with his 338-378 at 385 yards. The bull scores 382 1/2" with 57" main beams
2011-10-02221653.jpg

2011-10-02214810.jpg

2011-10-02214756.jpg

2011-10-02214528.jpg

Last edited:
When I grow up I want to be like Mike! hahaha Seriously you're having an awesome year on all your different animals....makes me totally jealous. Keep up the good work! Tell the old man he got a beautiful bull.

Congrats, great bull!

16 days and I'll be doing my first elk hunt! Ad an avaid moose hunter I'm excited to see what elk hunting brings to the table!

Wow...good job, guys. That is quite a bull. Good thing you had that big 338 Lap for that close shot! :D:D Thing could've run you over!

Good going Mike...and Dad!! Kinda new to elk hunting but I figured "How hard could it be to find such a big critter" Turns out they can apear and diapear quicker than a magican.
Archery season is closed and good ridence. Gun season opens for elk and goats in my areas on the 15th.......I need the time to regenerate from too many years and way too many "hold my beer and watch this" moments.
Hopefully I'm learning what you and your dad already know:D

great job Mike! What area were you hunting? My areas have been a bust this year. Norton point fire burned up all of my spots over by Dubois and then I gave area 37 a shot and found all the elk were on the face of the mountain on private ground, too much snow. Thought about going over to Jackson this weekend, but wife talked me into staying home and not throwing away 300.00 in fuel. Now I will have to wait for the late season cow hunt in unit 64.

I think its area 66???..its 125 for deer. Anyway they are some Badlands elk. Few and far between but everyonce in a while. There's a 4 point elk living on orchard bench over here still. I don't think anyone has shot him yet

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.