Last Hours Double

waspocrew

Flew in to Wyoming to meet my family for our Christmas get together on last Saturday afternoon. The antlerless elk season ended in a few hours, so my brother and I thought we'd sneak out to try to fill our tags.

After zipping up a trail to a good vantage point, I spotted a 6 cows skylined about a mile away. We then went over to the trail we figured would at least get us close to them. We hiked through the juniper for about 5-10 minutes and caught a few cows heading up and over the ridge ahead of us. 10 minutes later, we were staring at a group of ten cows 200 yards away. My brother shot first and it was obvious the 6.5 PRC did the job. She was down in seconds. I was up next with the 45-70... since I knew we had a good sized cow down already, I opted to take a calf. One shot later and it was down. We quartered them both and had them out of there in two trips.

Definitely a great way to end the season! Cooked up the backstraps for my in-laws and they absolutely loved them. Can't wait for next season to roll around!

DD25E713-7BF7-420D-84DB-1B4BAABEDA11.jpeg

A5ED2063-77B4-492A-B8C7-27B1FBF9A52E.jpeg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.