PRW rings for a Rem700

wheelgunner

Hello,

i made a little search before write this Thread, but i didn't find anything about theese specific kind of Leupold rings.

I have a new Rem700 CDL SF 30.06 (limited edition 1906-2006), and i would like to use a good steel ring, i like very much the models with 4 screw i think they are stronger than the models with 2.

Watching the Leupold catalog, i found the PRW models .... what do you think about this model ? .... i can see they don't "work" like the single base models, but they have to be installed on a Weaver base ...

Your point of view ? ....

Thank you guys !

I use them basically on all my remington actions. So far I have been very happy with them. They are on guns from 7-08 up to a 338 win mag. No issues, no problems at all. They are a little on the heavy side, but the weight is at the middle of the gun so it is not really "felt" that much. On one I tried taking it off and using it as a sort of quick release mount, when put back on it was only several inches off zero. You can use any type of Weaver base, Warne, leupold, Millett ect. as long as it has the cross slot design.

They are very good/tough rings. Have had like 5 sets on various rigs now. Sometimes it takes a few tries when tightening them to keep the scope level (they tend to rotate the scope when tightening a bit). They don't make lows though.

They {Leupolds} are very good as was stated; you might also think about Warne Scope Mounts home rings, they make many of the rings & mounts for Leupold, I believe they make the PRW's for them.

Solid rings IMO. I believe Leupold outsources to Warne so these are manufactured by Warne which are excellent quality rings. They do make a low
rings as I mounted one on my 25-06 Marlin XL7. (model # 54144 - Optics Zone-$45.95) I would recommend a low mount to ensure solid cheek weld to stock if you are mounting a 3x9x40 scope.

Thank you guys for yours impressions ..... now i have to make my choice for the scope:
(Swaro 2,5-10x56 or Leupold VX-L 6,5-20x56) ... :rolleyes:

Wheelgunner - Look into Dednutz Game Reapers 1 pc CNC machined mount rings. They have pic on the website. I just dropped one on my Rem 7600. The ring mounting screws are quite a bit longer than a std ring mound screws used on 2 pc setups. I wish these came out like 10 years ago. I have multiple rifles with 2 pc setups that are solid because I use the PRW rings. I have no need to replace these setups but all new rifle purchases I make will have the Dednutz set up. Talley's 1 pc set ups get rave reviews as well. Just an alternative to help out.

The PRWs are great but just be careful when you install them. They are known to scratch scopes since the top of the ring is more than 180 degrees. The trick is to use the backing paper from a sticker. It's slick and durable. Just place it over the scope first then snap the ring into place. You can do the same if you want to remove them.

The PRWs are great but just be careful when you install them. They are known to scratch scopes since the top of the ring is more than 180 degrees. The trick is to use the backing paper from a sticker. It's slick and durable. Just place it over the scope first then snap the ring into place. You can do the same if you want to remove them.

I've "never" had any problems with "scratching" scopes with PRW's from Warne or Leupold; when putting them on Leupold products.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.