Leupold PRW or Burris Zee rings?

Riflemanse

Hi

I will make an order for a scope and rings to day but Im not sure what rings to chose. Leupold PRW or Burris Zee (Signature if they have them in stock, othervise just Zee)

Scope will be a Leupold VX-III LRT 6.5-20x50 Fine Duplex, everything will be used on a 300wm.

Any recomendations regarding the rings?

Hi Thanks for answering.

I have searched a little but cant find Signature rings in Medium 30mm
on TOZ webpage. I have sent them an email and asked if they have it or not, ordinary Zee rings are listed tho.

I have a 20 MOA picatinnybase so I dont need the Signature rings for the cant, but I like the plastic inserts that protects the scope.

I orderd the signature rings. I hope medium rings together with my EGW picatinny base will clear the scope from the barrel.

Hi

Thats true.
Im a little worried about the ring height. The EGW base is 0.39" high.

Burris Medium rings are .180" (measured from base of ring to bottom of scope tube. Measurement includes the insert that holds the tube.)

High rings are .300" (measured from base of ring to bottom of scope tube. Measurement includes the insert that holds the tube.)

Maybe High rings is what I should have orderd?

Hi

Yes. I have done some calculations and if the barrel was not taperd at all I would have 1mm free space to the barrel. But with the thin original barrel on a 700 ADL I think it wount be a problem. The open sights has to be removed.

That cant be a to hard operation?

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts