Promote our new forums

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
So far I have emailed to about 32 former posters to the HuntAmerica Long Range Forum. Over half have joined already. I think we should wait until our new URL is operational first before we make any additional major effort other than one-on-one to friends.
Meanwhile --- when we are ready to do so, do you think the owners of other forums that are commercial in nature will mind (or even delete attempts) if some of you members casually mention our new forum on the other forums? Can you think of any precedents on other forums. How about when Saeed started his? I like the Huntamerica Forums a lot and will continue to use them. Do you think they would mind?

Our goal is not to go for big numbers above quality of members. However, we obviously plan to get our numbers up some to have the best discussion possibilities. What do you think?

posted April 14, 2001 08:41 AM

Gary Rihn

Len-
I "think" the policy at HA is casual remarks are fine, Swamp just doesn't want wholesale efforts to recruit. If you guys mention it, without being commercial about it, it shouldn't be a problem.

posted April 14, 2001 10:41 AM

CA Mike

Promotion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Len,
I thinking bringing additional people into this form may be better done by private e-mails. If we just post whereever and whenever we run the risk of getting back into having a bunch of people on this forum that probably don't belong here.

If, however, while on other forums a member sees someone who is quite capable of thinking and disscusing technics and such, a quick e-mail inviting that person over maybe a good idea.

CA Mike

posted April 24, 2001 08:07 PM

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts