Projects - Stock MFG questions

badaboom

Working with project - consists of SAKO TRG-S Action in .338 Lapua Magnum.
28 inch 1-10 twist stainless steel #7 profile contour 3190 - Heavy Match Target Barrel

I have contacted McMillan and they said that the A5 stock is the only stock they have available for these components and action regarding the barrels contour.

Like McMillan, No problem there, just looking for all options.

Can anybody CHIME in regarding other stocks working with these Components?

You can call Tom Manners , he is making stock s that fit the new Badger Ordanance actions wheich ahve a big thick desgine like the Sako.

If McMillan can make an A5 for that action then i don't se whay they can't make another similar stock to fit it , the A4 is a bigger forend stock , the Baker special is another big fat stock , that doesn't make much sense to me.

If you don't mind wood then Joel Russo would likely have an inlet for that action and makes a realy nice A5 clone form laminated woods in many colors. tey cost alot less and the turn around time is WAY less that anything that McMillan makes

Thanks for the hints.

Yeah I see that the Accuracy International stock work with the Badger Ordanance actions.
the AI stock looks pretty nice.

I thought the same as you when I spoke with MCMfamily I was originally interested in the A3 with some upgrades and now it appears thay make a NEW model A3-5.

The person I spoke with stated it wasn't due to the action it was the barrel contour ??

The factroy TIKKA / Berreta / Sako TRG stock with Collaspable butt stock would be nice.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.