products that improve accuracy

j_22250

Read an article in hanloader magazine about a product called ultra bore coat that seemed to work.

www.riflemagazine.com/magazine/PDF/hl247partial.pdf

Also the tubb bore finish bullets how well do the work compared to other methods. I know for a fact that a small amount of 600 grit lapping compound works great when applied to the tip of the bullet and then fired.

Can't comment the other products, but the David Tubb Final Finnish system worked great for me. I had a 22-250 that would barely shoot 1" and often 2" @ 100yd. Sent it back to Reminton, who rebarreled it and told me I was shooting too hot loads (I had about 300 rounds down the tube, most handloads, but none chrono'd more than factory loads). Anyway, after the second barrel didn't shoot any better, I treated it to the Final Finnish system, and then was able to print 3/8" groups with factory ammo. Quite a difference in my experience.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.