Problems with new gun

First I am not blaming Brux don't know much about nitriding gunsmith recommended I live in Taylorsville will order a borescope see what happens

How many rounds on original chamber? 6.5 is a pretty intense cartridge as far as barrel wear, so I have to believe the 6.5 Max is a larger (as you can't rechamber smaller) cartridge with greater powder capacity. I believe that the problem is mechanical more than bore size, or similar. We need more info on ammo, what was different the 3rd time shooting it.....rsbhunter. Note!!! Just read original post and saw load info, sorry!!!

While waiting for the borescope to arrive - It might be good to clean the barrel well and run a clean, or even oiled, patch slowly through the bore. See if you can feel anything out of the ordinary. Like maybe a sticky spot of loose spot. Sounds like something in the bore might be tearing/deforming the jacket enough to make the bullet unstable.
I had a barrel with a loose spot so bad I could feel it with the patch. It is something that can happen with button rifled barrels. Vendor checked it. Vendor said sorry the barrel is outta spec and replaced it.
You would think the gunsmith would have found something like this though.....

@ GregH118,.. After Re-Reading, Your First Post,..
JUNK those, ELD-M's,.. As they are NOT meant to, "Handle" that kind of Velocity,.. in fast Twist, Barrels !
They were designed to be used at, 6.5 Creedmoor, Velocities or LOW Speed, 6.5 PRC loads.
Many, MANY, BAD "Reports" of Vaporizing at, mucho SPEED,.. OR, any amount of, Barrel, "roughness" on, the Accurate Shooter Site.
Like Bigngreen said,.. "Clean, the Piszz out of, IT " ( Try some JB's ? )
THEN, try,.. Hunting, Bergers or,.. ELD- X's !!
ELD-M's have a .023 Thick Jacket ( very, THIN ) vs the .037 thick Jacket of, the ELD-X or, the tougher Jacketed, Hunting,.. Bergers !

Last edited:
@ GregH118,..
JUNK those, ELD-MMM's,.. As they are NOT meant to, "Handle" that kind of Velocity,.. in Fast Twist, Barrels !
They were Designed to be used at, 6.5 Creedmoor, Velocities or LOW Speed, 6.5 PRC loads.
Many, MANY, BAD "Reports" of Vaporizing at, mucho SPEED,.. OR, any amount of, Barrel, "Roughness" on, the Accurate Shooter Site.
Like Bigngreen said,.. "Clean, the Piszz out of IT " ( Try some JB's ? )
THEN, try,.. Hunting, Bergers or,.. ELD- XXX's !!
My God man! Enough!

One thing that can cause the bullets to "Keyhole" Or go through the target sideways is, Bore diameter too big. But I'm leaning towards crown, Brake, Threads not concentric to the bore.
True, but what would cause the bullet to mushroom before going through the target, unless it struck something first?

Last edited: