primers

Well then , I have 1000 plus large rifle primers . I talked to hammer and they recommended the magnums but that might have been, because of the powders I have on hand, they recommended Varget
I think hammer recommends magnums because of faster more positive ignition. The bullets have less bore friction and move more easily than standard and need a faster powder and ignition to ensure proper burn. IME i see no difference with single base powders and recently started using ball powders in my testing. But dont notice any difference so far. YMMV

Not trying to hijack your thread but since we are talking about LRM primers.......has anyone tried Large Rifle primers in a .338 Lapua Magnum using Retumbo or H1000? If so, what were your results? I'm needing to load 60 rounds for a Long Range class coming up this spring and haven't seen any LRM primers for a couple years.

CCI-250 primers (OEM packaging)
Thanks......I added my name to their wait list. Hate to pay $159.99 plus shipping but I guess that is the going price these days. I have an almost empty brick of Federal LRM primers that was purchased somewhere around 2015 that shows a price tag of $24.95. Things have really changed.

CCI-250 primers (OEM packaging)

Thanks......I added my name to their wait list. Hate to pay $159.99 plus shipping but I guess that is the going price these days. I have an almost empty brick of Federal LRM primers that was purchased somewhere around 2015 that shows a price tag of $24.95. Things have really changed.
no money here till jan,3rd so I couldnt afford them right now.

when I looked, the regular retail packaging was out of stock, but the OEM packaging was in stock (both 1,000 and 5,000 count). Look in the drop-down for "select quantity".. can't do much about the prices - sorry!
(I'm still seeing them as available)

Not trying to hijack your thread but since we are talking about LRM primers.......has anyone tried Large Rifle primers in a .338 Lapua Magnum using Retumbo or H1000? If so, what were your results? I'm needing to load 60 rounds for a Long Range class coming up this spring and haven't seen any LRM primers for a couple years.
Would you be interested in trading LR primers for some WLRM?