Primer pocket

So I have to ask did you measure the inside of the primmer pocket and the outside of the primmer to make sure they are with-in specs or which one isn't ?

Question? I ordered some nosler 222 rem mag cases. I'm having trouble with the primers staying seated. I'm using federal primers which I purchased back in the 90s. Any thoughts or suggestions
For four dollars a 100 I'd try new primers first before anything else. In 40 years of loading I don't think they have ever changed but may have just been a bad batch.

Hi, had same thing happen in early 90s, called Remington, they just told me to send them in. They were 91/2, and varied in size alot. I would use cci 450 primers, with cfe223 power. I shoot a 222 mag ai. It's like a 22-250, less power, less recoil, easy to get loads for. Just use 223ai reamer, and dies.

Loctite bearing and seal retainer. If you center punch, it will still leak back, and if you center punch, do it after the primer is seated, and do both.

If different primers don't work try using some primer sealer see if that
Will hold them in I quit using Nosler 204 cases for the same reason

I tried cci primers today, it helped a litte bit but still popping out a little, at least I can get then in the shell holder, which i couldn't with the federal primers.

You might want to try some Russian primers, i.e., Wolf or Tullamo. They are a tad larger. I think Brunos has them.

Lots of good info here. I personally use the method described in link to thread on this forum. I got 6 or 7 more loading outta my 338-378 Why (Norma) brass. Seems to work harden the pocket a little as well. After said 6 or so loadings, the pockets were still good, but I had to retire those cases for other reasons . If your brass is expensive, this might be an option for you.

I found them listed at Mounting Solutions Plus and the primer pocket gage listed at Ballistic Tools .

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.