Preference Points

bluefish

I obviously must be missing something. I Used all of my WY pronghorn points this fall, and was looking at 2017 draw results page for antelope

In WY with no preference points what is the difference between a NR special application and NR preference point special ?

Never applied with no points in the bank, but may try this year

Thanks

Happy New Year !

In Wyoming everyone goes into the PP draws first no matter whether you have any PPs or not. The one you go into depends on how much money you want to spend. If you pay the higher price and go into that Special PP draw you have a good chance in a lot of units to draw a tag with no PPs. You also have a better chance at a tag in that Random Draw you would go into if you didn't draw the tag in the PP draw than if you pay the lower price and go into the Regular PP Draw and then into that Random Draw.

if 4 of us want to go together on a hunt but just want to buy a point this year. Do we have to apply for a point together or can we each just buy a point on our own then when time comes, apply together all having the same amount of points?

Each person has to set up their own personal account on the G&F website. Then during the 4 month PP only application period each person would go into their account and buy a PP for each species they want one for. When it's time to actually apply for tags one person does that on their account and marks the box as the leader of a party and they are given a party number. Then each of the other applicants goes into their individual account and applies for the exact same tag using the party number that was given to the leader. All in the party, up to six, then go into the draw and they all either get a license if that number is drawn or they all get a refund if it's not drawn.

great explination Topgun an 30-06 rocks! i been out 2x but things change. makes great sense now and easier. PA needs to take a lesson! Pa Elk points system SUCK!

I just read this thread again and noticed I didn't really answer the actual question that the OP posted. When you apply for the draw it will have the choice to pay for your PP then or just pay for the license fee along with the application fee and the latter is never returned. Then if you don't pay for the point during the application period you can buy it during the PP application shown above if you don't draw your first choice tag. If you pay for the point when you apply for the draw and then get the tag as your first choice they refund that PP money onto your credit card because you can't draw a first choice and buy a PP in the same calendar year for that species. Sorry I didn't read his question close enough the first time!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.