• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Pre 64 model 70 Winchester 300 Wby

Charlie Brown Jr.

Model 70 300 H&H rechambered to 300 Wby Mag. Action runs smooth as glass.. 26 " bbl. bore still bright looks like it may still shoot. I purchased this just for the action, really feels great. nice trigger, wood needs refinishing , wood has some figure would probably look nice if refinished. Looks to have been on several hunting trips. but if you need a good action, at a good price, here it is. 935.00 TYFFL. I'll ship UPS insured, and well packaged

Attachments

• DSCN9710.JPG
    DSCN9710.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 699
  • DSCN9711.JPG
    DSCN9711.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 637
  • DSCN9712.JPG
    DSCN9712.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 549
  • DSCN9713.JPG
    DSCN9713.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 490
  • DSCN9714.JPG
    DSCN9714.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 463
  • DSCN9715.JPG
    DSCN9715.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 448
  • DSCN9716.JPG
    DSCN9716.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 428
  • DSCN9718.JPG
    DSCN9718.JPG
    936.7 KB · Views: 423
  • DSCN9720.JPG
    DSCN9720.JPG
    1,022.7 KB · Views: 471
  • DSCN9721.JPG
    DSCN9721.JPG
    692.8 KB · Views: 716
Last edited:
I never took time to clean the old grease off the action before I took the pictures, Looks Like I should have .

Attachments

• DSCN9731.JPG
    DSCN9731.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 176
Don't want to bud in in on your post. This is a real nice rifle to own, I bet that the action is as smooth as glass! I have been working on firearms for 50 + years and this would be a project that I could make that stock look nice, but not great due to to the gouges. I am in the process of starting a gunsmithing and creakoating business, but only doing precesion chambering for rifles. I didn't want to do the run of the mill "everything gunsmithing". I stopped doing hot bluing and wood work several years ago because I couldn't get paid for the work and materials. The shape of the wood and metal on this rifle is not cost effective to redo - (recondition to factory). But using this as a hunting rifle would be good depending on the accuracy. Another good idea is taking the action out, having it trued by someone that knows what they are doing and putting it on a good barrel & Stock wold be awesome! I would really like to have it. I need to ponder some on this. Thanks so muchfor sharing this piece of history and a fine firearm!

A lot of guys like the old Winchesters, and for good reason , the old actions feed great , and eject great, no mickey mouse spring loaded plunger on the Mod 70. I had an old 270 win, Model 70, and you could fill the magazine with empty shells, and thanks to the cone breach they would feed just like loaded rounds. Most actions would never pass that test.. Good Luck

A lot of guys like the old Winchesters, and for good reason , the old actions feed great , and eject great, no mickey mouse spring loaded plunger on the Mod 70. I had an old 270 win, Model 70, and you could fill the magazine with empty shells, and thanks to the cone breach they would feed just like loaded rounds. Most actions would never pass that test.. Good Luck
You got it . In Vietnam we used Model 70s and 700s in the USMC, I liked the Model 70 the best and still do. CControl Round Feed can't see why all the new rifles are clones of 700s. the Winchester Model 70 you have a Mauser action with "Control Round Feed" and three position safety, WHAT could be better!!!

Last edited:
You got it . In Vietnam we used Model 70s and 700s in the USMC, I liked the Model 70 the best and still do. CControl Round Feed can't see why all the new rifles are clones of 700s. the Winchester Model 70 you have a Mauser action with "Control Round Feed" and three position safety, WHAT could be better!!!
Who were you with in the Marines?

On the trades, I usually don't like to trade where I don't make any more than I would have just selling outright, extra packages to pack and trips to the UPS hub. So far I haven't seen any thing I can't live with out offered in a trade. I like new barrel blanks, Long Remington 700 actions, Night force scopes, buckets full of gold, stuff like that works for me.. Good Luck

Who were you with in the Marines?
I see that you are a Scout Sniper 8541. Thank you for your service. It is an honor to have a correspondence with a Marine of your caliber, or any other service men /women. I Can't list them all. This is a partial list of my MC resume - 3rd Div, Ist Maw, 2nd Div, been in all MC bases in US, all through SE ASIA , Europe", Repesented USMC in CHINA November 10th for the 200th Marine Corps Birthday, had all Meritorious Promotions including "Marine of the Month" in September 1975,Was Meritorious Promoted to Non Commissioned Officer Sergeant E-5 by Major General Gourley ,while acting as NCO overseas, in less than 18 months of active duty..Was an operator in the evacuaction operations in April/May 1975 "Eagle Pull" and "Frequent Wind". Can't say anymore about my service, but I can say everyone before me and after me "In all Branches of Service" are TRUE HEROS and deserve everyone's respect. When you see a vetran please thank them.
UH RAAAA!!!
SEMPER FI!!!!!!!!!!
Len
Coyote Shadow Tracker, LLC

I have 4 semi custom guns built off Winchester model 70 CRF action. These work great to do a build off of, especially for hunting with the CRF and the three way safety