Prayers Please...

Update:

Went in this morning after posting for the prayer request. Dad's condition has improved unbelievably. He's not out of the woods yet, but before the prayer request he was in REALLY bad shape. I walked in this morning at 0930 and I all most fell to my knees. He was off of the O2 mask and was now on the nasal prong with O2 SATS at 95-97%. Yesterday when he had the mask his O2 SATS were around 70 - 75 %.

I will tell you what, no one can tell me prayers do not work after what I had seen this morning. The nurses said his dramatic improvement, in such a short time, was unreal. They said he must have a friend in high places.

Thank you so much guys. You all have no idea how much I appreciate you help.

Your Friend,

Brian AKA The Surgeon

Awesome! Ive been wondering all day, how everybody was doing.
Thanks for the update! That's just awesome news. God does listen, & does answer prayers!
We'll continue to pray for his recovery, & the well being of you, & your family as well.
Awesome news!

By faith I ask God not to forget this brave man at this time of need we ask in Jesus name. This Man is a Brother to us.

Update:

Dad was doing well yesterday and was scheduled to get out of the ICU this morning. Sometime in the middle of the night he went the other direction. The small intestines twisted again so they put an NG tube down his nose. He is feeling a bit better this afternoon but his color is really bad. The family was in today and dad was very belligerent
to them.

Thanks again for all your prayers and best wishes. He is a long way from getting out of this one.

Brian

Been watching this thread for your update. Tell the family to pay no attention to what your dad says. I have been through this. My mom wouldn't hurt a flea and never used a foul word. But while she was in the hospitol with illness and was on meds you should have heard what she called a nurse.

Your dad remains in our prayers. Be strong my friend.

God Bless

Jeff

Chimin' in to let ya'll know I'm in the circle.

When it comes to prayer there's no such thing as too many too often by too many people.

Faith is what makes it work.......

Did his O2 sats go back down again? This can cause a change in demeanor, among many other things. Are they keeping close tabs on his blood glucose levels? That's another one that can do this if low.

Sometimes God's solution is to call the Christian home and then "Death is swallowed up in victory." (1 Corinth. 15) But, we will pray for this difficult situation and for return to health.

Is O2 sats are in the 90's. As far as I know they are watching everything.

All his brothers and sisters, who have passed away, act like this when they think it is the end. So I am told by other family members. They get very violent and usually run off all the immediate family, again, this is just what I have been told.

He is cursing mom and I. Its really hard. Today I was up there with his brother and he got pretty bad with me and I ended up going out into the hall. Its a bad deal. I am just keeping my mouth shut and trying to be understanding.

As far as I know, he is not a Christian.

It's a tough battle lots of up and downs. Low o2, medications, and others can really mess with a mans mind. Anyway sounds like this is unusual behavior for him, and doesn't mean anything personal. Don't take it to heart, stay as rested and strong in your walk as you can. My continued prayers for you and yours.

Is O2 sats are in the 90's. As far as I know they are watching everything.

All his brothers and sisters, who have passed away, act like this when they think it is the end. So I am told by other family members. They get very violent and usually run off all the immediate family, again, this is just what I have been told.

He is cursing mom and I. Its really hard. Today I was up there with his brother and he got pretty bad with me and I ended up going out into the hall. Its a bad deal. I am just keeping my mouth shut and trying to be understanding.

As far as I know, he is not a Christian.

Ugghh...hang in there. Will redouble our prayer efforts for all involved.

Sats should be 95% (typically 96 or 97% for most of us when at rest) or above unless there's a COPD history. Might ask about blood glucose (blood sugar) levels, those should typically be 90-125 or so. Some health issues can upset sugar levels and people do some very strange things when sugar levels are off.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.