Prayers for those in CT

Wile E Coyote , I will pray for you and your family members that live close to this tragedy.

Ever since Friday, the events that happened that day, will be with us all for eternity. I only live about 70 miles from that location, and my son chats with a girl who goes to college in CT, and was told yesterday that she went to that school when she was younger. I like most of us here have grandchildren that age, and can not even begin to fathom what any of those parents are going through. One parent said on TV this morning that they have taken down all of their Christmas decorations, as there isn't nothing to celebrate now, nor would it be appropriate to pretend to. What a shame!!
The one thing that I have noticed about this tragedy, is the media's exploitation of this tragedy. They actually had one of the surviving children on the air this morning, asking them about the horrifying details, that should at this point be left to rest. They do not need to be rehashing this to anybody, especially the **** media. My heart was jumping out of my chest as the description was being quoted, never mind how the child was feeling. The media needs to back off, and let the healing begin, but it seems that sensationalism is more important than healing.
May our Lord bless all of those affected, the victims, the parents, and the survivors. And may that shooter burn in hell. What a Coward!!!!!

IMPO, the media has no boundaries, no right and wrong and no scruples when it comes to what they deem sensationalism and it never seems to matter if the facts and the fantasy get intermingled.

Like that song 'Dirty Laundry'. That covers in a nutshell, the media.

If I was in the parents shoes, at least in my perspective, I'd want to be left alone. Greiving is a very personal thing, not to be displayed in any tabloid or aired on the evening news.

Our society has become a frigg'in mess.

This morning in adult Sunday school class ,the teacher (he has been preaching for 39 years) he made mention of the CT tragedy then he said this .
"Some of you here this morning can remember when the bible was read every day before class started and we prayed " He also said. " on fridays most of the day we would read the bible ,pray and sing several patriotic songs" He said the world is blind they think they need gun control but what we need is Jesus . He said that we have pushed God out of our schools and now we are seeing the results.

Here is the scripture that I mentioned in an earlier post where God warns people not to harm little children.

MATHEW chapter 18 verses 2-7
2. And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3.And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4.Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5.And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
6.BUT WHOSO SHALL OFFEND ONE OF THESE LITTLE ONES WHICH BELIEVE IN ME, IT WERE BETTER FOR HIM THAT A MILLSTONE WERE HANGED ABOUT HIS NECK, AND THAT HE WERE DROWNED IN THE DEPTH OF THE SEA.

7. Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that MAN by whom the offence commeth!

You cna find all the answers of life in the Bible .
God has fortold the conditions that we will face and it isnt going to get better until the Lord returns. I believe we could all agree that the man that shot up these children is Evil . so look at this verse

II Timothy Chapter 3 verse 13.

But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, decieving, and being decieved. (this is the ever changing condition of our day)

The good news is the Bible says "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord' All these young children are in heaven right now it doesnt take the hurt away from the parents and those closely affected by this tragedy but thanks be to God they are safe now in God almightys ever loving arms!!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.