Powder to replace H4350 for 6.5 Creedmoor?

Powder valley has IMR 4350 in stock and third gen has RL17 in stock. Their prices are low enough that if you buy 10 pounds of RL17 and then it is $34.95 shipping you are less than most mom and pop stores and even the big box stores. I hope this helps. I just started accumulating creedmoor supplies because I am gonna get one soon. I love the 6.5 cartridges. Just bought some 140 amax's from powder valley as well. Good luck

Brandon

Ive just picked up a pound of rl-17 at one of my local gun stores to try. Ill throw some of that underneath a 140 a-max and give it a whirl. I just tried the superformance and was really pleased with the results it gave...... ragged hole! So ill test it some more just to make sure it wasnt a fluke or something. just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit. Im also going to try the rl-17 and see if it will match the superformance.

Ive just picked up a pound of rl-17 at one of my local gun stores to try. Ill throw some of that underneath a 140 a-max and give it a whirl. I just tried the superformance and was really pleased with the results it gave...... ragged hole! So ill test it some more just to make sure it wasnt a fluke or something. just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit. Im also going to try the rl-17 and see if it will match the superformance.

Nice. Superformance is a good one too. What charge are you using and what are you getting for velocity if you don't mind me asking? Thanks

Nice. Superformance is a good one too. What charge are you using and what are you getting for velocity if you don't mind me asking? Thanks

Im using 44.7 Of superformance but i dont know the velocity. I havent shot it over my chrony yet but will be very soon. According to the hornady manual the velocity is 2700 fps. I know there is more velocity to be had out of it then what was listed.

I had a little bit that i tried but didnt have enough of it to really do anything as far as load development. They still didnt shoot too bad though. Around 1/2 or 3/4 MOA but would like to see them tighter than that.

Yes, RL 17 works great. FYI, Cabelas in Boise, Idaho had about 15 one pound cans of IMR 4350 yesterday when I was wandering around.

Randy

Powder valley has IMR 4350 in stock and third gen has RL17 in stock. Their prices are low enough that if you buy 10 pounds of RL17 and then it is $34.95 shipping you are less than most mom and pop stores and even the big box stores. I hope this helps. I just started accumulating creedmoor supplies because I am gonna get one soon. I love the 6.5 cartridges. Just bought some 140 amax's from powder valley as well. Good luck

Brandon

That isn't a shipping fee, it's a material hazard fee, shipping is added to that. I wouldn't buy 10 lbs of anything unless I already had 1 or 2 good loads worked up beforehand.

Spencer

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.