Powder Suggestions and Misc Questions

I'm late to the show but better late then never :) In my 308 RL15 has beat all comers so far so I stay with it. All 7mm-08's I own (many) love varget powder and its clean-temp stabile-don't over fill the cases-and the most accurate. Would buy varget in any amount you can get right now (I prefer 8lb jugs). IMR4064 is lights out in my 22-250 and very good in the 308 but temp effected from winter to summer up here. What I've said has been said already but one more vote :) My 260 was the one that stumped me and I never got a powder I liked.......IMR4350 was best :(

Brass for me its lapua for all.
Savage, agree with all...try RL19 in your .260. I reload for three different rifles and around 44(ish) grs of RL-19 and either 142 Nosler ABLR (my favorite) or Nos Partition or Sierra Game King shoots pretty good with all those pills. I use CCI-BR-2 primers and Lapua brass. I also use about 43 grs of I-4350 with good results, but chrony says about 80 fps faster with RL-19.

Savage, agree with all...try RL19 in your .260. I reload for three different rifles and around 44(ish) grs of RL-19 and either 142 Nosler ABLR (my favorite) or Nos Partition or Sierra Game King shoots pretty good with all those pills. I use CCI-BR-2 primers and Lapua brass. I also use about 43 grs of I-4350 with good results, but chrony says about 80 fps faster with RL-19.
I will try that, already use lapua brass and BR2's. 44gr's of IMR4350 was good hunting accuracy but I wanted a little tighter like the 08's shoot, I like to use 130 and140gr AB's in the 260 and never tried the RL19. I know where some is sitting in a shop so I'll give it a try Thanks Dave :)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.