Possibly getting my first can

Looking at the Rugged Razor 7.62 and the Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300. Will not be dedicated to one rifle, but any from 5.56 AR to my .300 PRC. I just can't get over the dang stamp and having to ask "permission" from big brother to buy one. If I get over that, does anyone have experience with either of these suppressors?
I don't have any experience with either of these two suppressors, but I do have the Rugged Radiant and absolutely love it.

no experience with those brands. if you have any desire to use suppressors on semi-autos, you need to strongly look into cans with flow through technology. a much more pleasant experience

A rugged razor was my first center fire can and I really enjoy it, rugged is an amazing company. My buddy launched a surge off the end of a rifle and they took care of him with no questions. If this is going to be your only rifle can I would get a surge and have the flexibility to use the longer configuration for centerfire hunting rifles. My razor spends the majority of the time on a .300 blk or a 5.56 and does a great job for those platforms.

Take a look at Suppressed Armament Systems (SAS) in Reno Nevada. I have 9 cans now and my favorite and compared to others is ruggedly built. I have the 6.5 model called the barricade but they build all models.

I have the Rugged micro 30 and I move it around a lot. It's a good modular can but I wish it had a direct thread base.
I went with the modular types at first and after too many carbon locked episodes and frustration. I went with the direct thread method on my bolt guns and it is trouble free. I always use some silver anti seize on the barrel thread which makes for easy removal.

Following. Have no experience but I am in the same boat you are. Hoping to purchase in the next few months. Was looking at the omega and the banish. But that razor is on the list for sure now.

I have the Griffin you are looking at and really like it. Like others have said once you get one you will wonder why you waited so long, and want to order another one right away. For that reason I recommend if you are going to be using a muzzle device rather than direct thread to go with the brand you think you would like to have more of their products that way when you order your next one the muzzle devices will be compatible.

I have the Griffin you are looking at and really like it. Like others have said once you get one you will wonder why you waited so long, and want to order another one right away. For that reason I recommend if you are going to be using a muzzle device rather than direct thread to go with the brand you think you would like to have more of their products that way when you order your next one the muzzle devices will be compatible.
What is the largest caliber you have used it on?

Just do it, I waited too long to buy my first. I went with an Omega 300 and Sparrow on my first purchase. It was money well spent, and I'm looking to spend more. The only issue I have now is not enough threaded rifles.

6.5 creedmore is the biggest gun that one has been on. I have a Crux suppressor for my .338. I did just buy a .22 cal. End cap for the griffin but have not used it on my 22.250 yet

I have a Sportsman 300 and absolutely love it. I run it on everything from a 6.5 Grendel pistol to a .300 WM. Very little POI shift and light weight. Yes it's aluminum, but it's still pretty tough. I have no experience with any of the Rugged cans except the .45 Obsidian. It's my favorite pistol can by far, run everything from 9mm pistol to .44 subs on a lever gun in it. If their rifle cans are as good as the Obsidian you'll be happy either way you go. Best advice I can give about the process is just do it, jump through their silly hoops and just don't think about the stupid wait.