Possibly getting my first can

.gacton

Looking at the Rugged Razor 7.62 and the Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300. Will not be dedicated to one rifle, but any from 5.56 AR to my .300 PRC. I just can't get over the dang stamp and having to ask "permission" from big brother to buy one. If I get over that, does anyone have experience with either of these suppressors?

Good for you. I believe that once you get your can, you will wonder why you waited so long!

I think you are smart in getting one can to start with that allows you to shoot everything from 556 up to 300 Magnums.

I do not have direct hands on experience with the two cans that you mentioned, so can't assist there.

I fully understand the disdain for asking permission and paying the taxes. I don't believe you will be disappointed in going suppressed.

Last edited:
I got into the suppressed world in the exact same way that you were describing. Picked up one can capable of everything.

Over the years I have seen the benefit in having multiple Supressors, especially purpose built for different applications and calibers.

Again, I have absolutely nothing against starting out with one suppressor that covers almost all the bases. You will not be disappointed with a 30 caliber can on a 556. People do that all the time with great success.

I would give the edge to the Griffin because it can take standard threaded inserts and isn't limited to the dual lock brake mounts like it appears the Rugged is.

Loses points for being aluminum and SS though - depending on what length AR barrel for 5.56 you might want a heavier can if you're going to be shooting it more on that platform than a precision rifle. 5.56 can be tough on baffles, especially in short barrel lengths.

Love shooting all my rifles suppressed with my TBAC ultra 9 CB.

I've got a TBAC Dominus on form 4 right now.

Am itching to possibly order a TBAC dominus -K for my hunting rifles. It's a shortened version of the Dominus and has a way to lock on barrel.

I always struggle with rifle length after adding a suppressor. Hopeful that having a 5" thats a little wider in radius would allow me to still move freely.

You have to ask permission from the Gov to buy a new gun. Why does a can feel different in asking permission? Still an ATF controlled item.

Once you buy one...be prepared to buy another.
I asked myself after my first one why I waited so long. So much more enjoyable to shoot with one.
I have a TBAC Ultra 9 .308, TBAC Ultra 7 6.5mm, and a TBAC Dominus .308. All three are shot on multiple rifles.

I don't have experience with either, so I would research a ton on both. Read reviews from as many sources as possible.

Looking at the Rugged Razor 7.62 and the Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300. Will not be dedicated to one rifle, but any from 5.56 AR to my .300 PRC. I just can't get over the dang stamp and having to ask "permission" from big brother to buy one. If I get over that, does anyone have experience with either of these suppressors?
You might want to look into SilencerCo OMEGA 300. It is rated up to .300 magnum, also rated full auto. https://silencerco.com/silencers/omega-300/

I would give the edge to the Griffin because it can take standard threaded inserts and isn't limited to the dual lock brake mounts like it appears the Rugged is.

Loses points for being aluminum and SS though - depending on what length AR barrel for 5.56 you might want a heavier can if you're going to be shooting it more on that platform than a precision rifle. 5.56 can be tough on baffles, especially in short barrel lengths.
It will be for precision rifles, primarily. It also appears the Griffin does a better job suppressing.

Suppressors are legal in 42 states but not mine, California of course. Be thankful you are in one of the 42, I am jealous and would jump at the opportunity.

I'm old school but thinking seriously about a suppressor.. Looking at a Banish 46, figured I t would cover all my bases and calibers.. What do you think ? Am I wrong..
Another question: Do I have to run permits for each and every suppressor or just one ...?

I'm old school but thinking seriously about a suppressor.. Looking at a Banish 46, figured I t would cover all my bases and calibers.. What do you think ? Am I wrong..
Another question: Do I have to run permits for each and every suppressor or just one ...?
You'll complete a form 4 and pay for each individual class 3 item.

Each can, each SBR, each full auto etc.

I have the Rugged. Very happy with this and would buy again.

Don't overlook AB suppressors! New, different technology.

Recent Posts