Please help - Don’t know where to start

I like LRhunter 514's approach and equipment selection, and I agree with you on not loading for the 9mm- it is just cheap enough to buy it. But in the 60 years of hunting and participating in the shooting sports, I have settled on the RCBs Rock Chucker for large center fire cartridges, and Redding Dies. For the other pistol and 223 calibers, I suggest the Dillon 550 C progressive press using Dillon dies. And for shotgun I would suggest the Ponsness Warren line of progressive loaders. View the above suggested videos and read a lot of the vendor catalogs for all of the other necessary items e.g, powder measures, measuring instruments etc. Spend some time looking in your area for someone that participates in the shooting sports or at a local shooting range and see if you can't find a mentor.

I searched though many, many, many of the pages and I appoligize if this has been asked a lot but I didn't find it. I have been shooting a long time. there have been some years where I have shot over 10k rounds of 9mm and several thousand 556 rounds and I have never reloaded. I have since got into long range shooting and large caliber rifles and it's definitely a lot more money to feed those types of rifles. Also with this virus and the rush on ammo and the amount I shoot has shown me I need to get serious about reloading. Honesty I don't really want to get into mass producing handgun ammo but more want to load big bore and rifle ammo I have no idea where to start. I've heard Hornady I've heard Rock Chucker but I'd love to hear from others on advice on if I should and what I should read, watch and get into. I'm a big time researcher and my head feels like it's spinning reading everything. Id like some advice on what is the best place to start. I don't want to go at this half hardly and would love to hear other people's opinion on what to do, where to start and what equpi is recommended. Thank You.
It depends on how much you want to pay, but I would start with a Lyman kit using their excellent turret press. The kit will include about everything you need to start reloading, and if you buy a few extra turret tops, you can set up your dies permanently. Another option is the Lee turret press kit. I use the Lee currently. You will also need manuals, of which I can personally recommend the Lee, Lyman, Speer and Sierra manuals. Lyman makes a nice portable electronic scale which I use in conjunction with the Lee and RCBS balance scales, but you may get the Lyman balance scales in the Lyman kit. Regardless of which manufacturer you decide to get, get the turret press. Its easier to use, there's less time setting dies and it makes accurate ammo. I use both Lee and RCBS dies, and a Lee hand primer. The Lee the Speer and the Lyman manual will give detailed instructions on how to reload. Follow them. Also, when you prime a piece of brass, run the thumb across the head and make sure the primer is not protruding. You will feel it if it is. Make sure all primers are seated flush or slightly below the case head. This is really really important, especially if you're shooting semi-autos. The Lee hand primer will do this easily. So will the Lyman or RCBS priming tool. Hope this helps some.

I searched though many, many, many of the pages and I appoligize if this has been asked a lot but I didn't find it. I have been shooting a long time. there have been some years where I have shot over 10k rounds of 9mm and several thousand 556 rounds and I have never reloaded. I have since got into long range shooting and large caliber rifles and it's definitely a lot more money to feed those types of rifles. Also with this virus and the rush on ammo and the amount I shoot has shown me I need to get serious about reloading. Honesty I don't really want to get into mass producing handgun ammo but more want to load big bore and rifle ammo I have no idea where to start. I've heard Hornady I've heard Rock Chucker but I'd love to hear from others on advice on if I should and what I should read, watch and get into. I'm a big time researcher and my head feels like it's spinning reading everything. Id like some advice on what is the best place to start. I don't want to go at this half hardly and would love to hear other people's opinion on what to do, where to start and what equpi is recommended. Thank You.
this might help you.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.