Picatinny Mounts and Rings

I would like to get a good Picatinny Mount and Ring set up for my Remington 700 Sendero rifle. I found a one piece picatinny mount made be EGW, I can get it in 0 MOA, 15 MOA and 25 MOA. I am using a Nikon Buckmaster scope, 4.5-14 with the nikoplex. I would like to be able to shoot out to 800 yards. Can I do this with a 0 MOA mount or will I need the 15 or 25 MOA mount? Also I found Burris Xtreme Picatinny rings, are they good for what I need?

EGW makes a decient mount for what your paying for it , I wasen't impressed with the Burris tactical rings when I looked them over the one time I had contact but some guys realy like them.

I assume that your trying to stay on a tight budget and thats understandable but if you can swing a bit more money check out Glenn Seekins rings and mounts.

As for the built in MOA , I would get the 20 moa base , its alot easier to dial your scope in for LR shooting that it is to hold over and the added MOA will allow you alot more windage at long range as well as the added drop compensation , the hifgher you dial you scope up the less windage you will have.

I'm one of those that likes the Burris Xtreme rings, for 50.00 I can't fault them in any way. That doesn't mean better can't be had for a few more bucks though. I hear good things about EGW, would like to try their base at some point.

No matter what you get, you may find yourself switching it out down the road, if anything just to tinker. I know I have many times before and no doubt will do so again :)

I bought the 20MOA base from EGW for my sendero 300 RUM (pic of rifle is in GUN PHOTOS section of this website) I really like it. fit perfectly. gave me alot of scope adjustment. on my leupold, vertical adjustments are almost maxed out....basically put me at the bottom of my adjustment vertical range....which is nice. bought it off ebay. came in black...I duracoated it desert tan.

Another mfg. is TPS. TPS Products Online Store

I have been pleased with the several bases and rings I've used from them.
Be sure the items you want are in stock as some items, particularly the stainless stuff, can take a while to get restocked.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts