phase 2 of rifle build

gspman

Hey Folks

I just dropped of my Rem700 XCR , 300WM off to the smith for the 2nd time.

Here is the work i had done with the 1st trip- Phase 1:

Bobby Hart accublock laminate stock (Timber pattern).. skim bedded
receiver trued/squared
bolt lugs squared/lapped
jewel trigger
11' target crown.

Went from a 2" gun to 3/4" -1" using my reloads. I was expecting better results honestly. I had the smith do a chamber cast, found non-uniform rifling and a very long
throat.

So Phase 2
Kreiger 26" SS fluted barrel, threaded for brake or can. 1 in 10 right twist.
Holland quick discharge brake
He will be using a PPG custom reamer. (300wm)
tapered recoil lug
re-bedding
duracoat action, barrel, bottom metal - ac grey green (hey It's got to look cool too)

I am expecting great things, the reamer should shorten up the chamber considerably. make it easier to reload.

Since the rifle will be all torn down, is there anything i should be doing ?

Thanks
gspman

Like the sounds of that. I would have skipped #1 and went right to the Krieger but, not my money:D
Krieger cuts a nice tube but, don't pass on a Bartlein, Oby, or Brux based on availability.

I like to have my belted cartridges chambered to space off the shoulder instead of belt. Something to consider.

hey It's got to look cool too

Heck yea, man!

Well i kinda got sucked in, Originally i was just going to replace the tupperware stock...:D
now this is where i am at.
:rolleyes:

"I like to have my belted cartridges chambered to space off the shoulder instead of belt. Something to consider."

I feel the same, but the darn chamber was so long, that to get a decent decent bullet jump where it really like it. turned it into a single shot rifle. COL was longer than magazine.
Really sucked

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts