Pet 300 Winchester Short Mag loads

Dr Trot

Hello, I would like to know what has been working for others. Please include what firearm you are using and all the load details. Thanks.

I just started working with a friends 300 wsm in a sako 75. The first load we tried was 67 of h414 under a 150 partition gold moly. (The ones Midway was selling a while back in bulk for $4.99/50). We went to the range....got his scope adjusted.....and proceded to shoot a 5 shot 1" group at 100yds. Speed was 3051fps. I loaded a few other recipes but we didn't get to them that day. I'll be watching to see what others have to say here but it was fun "catching a good load" right off the bat with the above load. Also.....I was impressed with speed consistancy of this load....most every shot was within 10 fps of each other.

not quite what you're looking for but i have a friend that just started shooting his new 300WSM.it's a very nice rig.(5k) he's shooting federal premiums/180 triple shocks 1" at 300. has done it a couple of times.

I have had some good luck with the 155 gr Bergers on top of 68 grain of W760 with Win Mag primer. 3168 averave velocity. 1/2 to 3/4 inch at 100 but great at 5, 6, and 700. I am shooting them through a Howa sporter with the laminated thumbhole (bedded of course) definately needs a new trigger. Hope this helps.

Dan

After some extensive load development my fav is 70.3 gr of H4350 (Norma Brass)with a 155 Palma MK. 3390 avg(14 fps deviation avg 5 shots with 3 5 shot strings) and shoots .3 out of my rifle everytime. Bedded HS Precision stock worked over Remmy action Krieger 24 in barrel built by Speedy.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.