PDA/ ballistic program advice needed

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by platapus, Feb 2, 2011.

1. platapus

platapus Well-Known Member

I have a HP ipaq hx2490b that was given to me. It came with nothing except the unit and a car charger. It has windows 2005. The battery is shot and will not hold a charge. So, can anyone vouch for this unit and me by a battery, or should I recycle it and just find another one? And if so, what is a good PDA to go with? Something that is user friendly.

As for the ballistic soft wear, what are most of you using? Nightforce, Exbal ect... I would like to be able to use and store more than one caliber. Thanks for the help in advance.

2. jrw1976

jrw1976 Well-Known Member

I am also wondering what the consensus is for which smart phone you guys are using to run your ballistic apps. I have been looking at the various phones that run android.

Thanks JRW

3. wildchild

wildchild Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine down loaded the JBM program on his Iphone ( its JAil Broke) so he got it free, anyway looked pretty slick lots of info. Kinda funny I dont have a smart phone and he dont have a gun!
    There's aslo a program for the Driod from Verizon.

4. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

I don't know about the ipaq as I run the Axim but for PPC software I prefer Loadbase over all because it is LOADED and I can geek out on it. It has been accurate closer to transonic than others I've used too. I do like Exbal a lot and I find my self pulling it up when I just need to check something out fast, I've been using it when I first set up a rifle also with the trajectory validation for under 1000yrds.

For an Android look at Shooter, it seems to be a top notch from what I've seen. I haven't gotten it yet but some of the LR guys I trust are using it and like it.