pack in drop camp

packinfool

i have horses and gear to pack you into my drop camp anywhere in the bighorn mountains of wyoming, i am not a outfitter or guide , just a hunter who loves packin and being on the mountain. looking for a vacation place somewhere warm in the winter. i am open to any ideas you might have

Last edited:
over the years i have taken relatives in the wilderness several times so i am quite familier with the rules, some i did have to learn the hard way though but thanks

is this where you follow the dogs horseback? are permits over the counter? how many hogs are allowed?
what type of a elk hunt are you interested in, archery or rifle.
also where in Arkansas is this?

Yes sir we ride horses sometimes, in Arkansas hogs are not game animals,so no licenses on private land and no limit, can hunt them any time and kill all we bay,I have lots land to hunt. I live close to the Little Red river in White County. As for Elk Bow huntn would be fine,so would gun or black powder.

Do you have any points now for elk or have you applied for a tag in wyoming before? If this is for 2013 i can tell you a little about where i would apply for.

No sir, I have never appiled for tags,dont know much about it,but I am willing to try to get one,tell me what I need to do, I was gona go hog huntn tonight but fell across a metal gate and busted a rib so hogdoggen is out for a few days.

We might be interested in something like this. There are 4 of us that will have 4 or 5 pref points this year and plan on applying for the 2013 elk season (rifle, but possibly archery too). Have little to no knowledge of the Bighorns so a drop camp with your knowledge of good places to camp/hunt/unit, might just be up our alley. (non-residents). Can you give me a rough idea of approx cost for 4 people and what that might include? Thanks in advance! Scott (South Dakota)

scott, to start with i am not a licensed outfitter say i cannot and wont charge for anything i do to help anybody fulfill a hunting trip. i quess i need a little more info, are you guys only after a rifle hunt or a archery hunt? that would dictate where a guy might go. if you want to get a rifle tag and hunt it early with a archery permit and then follow up with a rifle hunt if you dont fill your archery permit thats an option too. PM me and we can discuss this paul

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.