PA Long Range Season

I use two Leica 62's in a bracket as my big eyes, and a Vectronix rangefinder. Looks like I'll be up there Tuesday, Wednesday, and possibly Thursday morning.
I know of one camp off Big Dam Hollow road, it's a pretty nice place. That yours?

I use two Leica 62's in a bracket as my big eyes, and a Vectronix rangefinder. Looks like I'll be up there Tuesday, Wednesday, and possibly Thursday morning.
I know of one camp off Big Dam Hollow road, it's a pretty nice place. That yours?
That would be mine. Lowells bin there a time or two in the late 90s when it was the old cabin. I sure miss talking to him. Im at work now and its looking like the only day i may be able to get back up is thursday. Wish i never came back but i guess after 2 weeks up there got to return to normal. If i get thursday as a definient day off i will text you tueday and try to hook up. Nobody was set up yesterday at the normal spots. I dont get where all the hunters went. Glassed 7 deer saturday. 4 doe 3 buck. Nothing more than a 4 pointer.

Hi 1012 I never long ranged up Pine creek but knew some that do and did. The Greens and a good friend of mine who past away , a very big man Howard Ludwig. I would be shocked if you haven't seen him on the west rim where he hunted a lot. He told me one time about hunting bear up their , they didn't see any but when they left they saw bear foot prints all over his Suburban. Good luck hunting and be safe.

To the hunters that have hunted the Sinimahoning area I bought some of my equipment off a fellow from up that way, a very good long range shooting couple Daryl Cassel and his wife. I bought a military range finder, a very sturdy crank up tri-pod and a pair of 10 X 80 flack binoculars, all are still working fine. Good luck hunting and be safe.

That would be mine. Lowells bin there a time or two in the late 90s when it was the old cabin. I sure miss talking to him. Im at work now and its looking like the only day i may be able to get back up is thursday. Wish i never came back but i guess after 2 weeks up there got to return to normal. If i get thursday as a definient day off i will text you tueday and try to hook up. Nobody was set up yesterday at the normal spots. I dont get where all the hunters went. Glassed 7 deer saturday. 4 doe 3 buck. Nothing more than a 4 pointer.

Figured as much..
I'm headed up Tuesday morning, and need to head back Thursday. Text me when you finalize your plans, we need to meet up somewhere on the mountain. I do get cell service at both of the spots that I hunt.

Joel are you related to Gordon Russo, who hunted with Jimmy Decapria ? Good luck hunting and be safe.

D9B50E6A-E294-404F-87D0-4D53A9FFDA15.jpeg
Well gunsmith1012 and I met up on the mountain today... we spent some time on the big rock talking about hunting in this area.
Believe it or not, we actually hunt very close to each other, but can't see each other.
We'll be spending some time together on the mountain in the future .
For those that never hunted this area, here's a google earth picture of where we hunt..

0_20151130_142630.jpg
0_20140625_140556.jpg
Joel, spent the afternoon on 500 yd straightaway i told you about. Got to watch the snow fall for a few hours before wrapping up. Throughly enjoyed talking to you in the birthplace of the game. Im sure we will get together again on the mountain or the fields. For the others asking about what its like, i finally figured out how to post photos. First set of pics show a few of my set up spots with a 338 LM Improved rifle. Second set shows my coyote/groundhog rig in 6.5x47 Lapua. Mainly used in pipelines and open fields. Last is a whitetail i shot up there in a spot called "the hole". Shooting off a ridge, over a clearcut, a creek and onto the other facing mountain.

I am free and don't mind hunting with you guys, please pm me if this is still happening. Been awhile since I hunted with a group.

Yeah Joel looks familiar. Only downfall to that spot is the gate gets locked on the 9th. Kind of ruins it for late season porky and yote blasting. As to the pipeline pics, the first one with the 338lm is the pipeline you know off wilson point. That is 1630 yds from direct elevation points across. The second one is a yote setup off 12 mile. 600 yard shot to tree island then the turn of contour messes up shot options.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.