otc deer or elk tags

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by bubba41, May 24, 2013.

1. bubba41

bubba41 Well-Known Member

i guys well once again no tags in nv. this shit sucks . last year ended up bow hunting in oregon .is there still a place where you can buy a over the counter tag for elk or deer that isn't private land or some shit hole or cost as much as a new rifle ??? i don't know about you guys but i'm tired of this shit... hell i grew up in west virginia buy your license you got your deer tag, bear tag hell everything . hell guys i could go on and on why does a good rifle cost 4000.00 think about it !!!! just venting

2. Daveinjax

Daveinjax Well-Known Member

Montana and Idaho should both offer leftover general tags and much of Colorado is otc for 2nd and 3rd rifle. There are no cheap nonresident elk or mule deer tags that I know of period.

3. bubba41

bubba41 Well-Known Member

thanks i think i'll try idaho .

4. cohunter14

cohunter14 Well-Known Member

Non resident CO tags are $351 for a cow elk or deer tag and $586 for a bull tag. Tons of leftover and over the counter tags available. If there is a tag for the unit, there are elk and deer there. If you are interested in Colorado, check out the Division of Wildlife website: www.wildlife.state.co.us. Tons of information on there including maps of the over the counter units as well as success rates, etc for each unit.

5. roninflag

roninflag Well-Known Member

elk draw is past in AZ. still time to apply for deer ( mule and white tail). always a lot of excellent whitetail tags left over in july.

6. krake22002

krake22002 Active Member

I hunt the Oregon coast OTC tags for deer and elk. I do pretty good on the coast.