Ordered these, I’m new to the ar game

Cnkhunting

PSA 18" RIFLE LENGTH 223 WYLDE 1/7 STAINLESS STEEL 15" LIGHTWEIGHT M-LOK UPPER WITH BCG & CH - 516445214

PSA AR15 COMPLETE CLASSIC STEALTH LOWER
E97981D5-849D-4728-A848-6D21A6DDB3AA.jpeg04EE4331-2F38-4836-86E6-AA9E38616031.jpeg
I hope they are good

My brother has two from PSA that shoot MOA I had one that shot 2 MOA I traded mine for an outdoor boiler no complaints. I would suggest a trigger upgrade if your an accuracy guy but the spray and pray guys should love it as is.

My brother has two from PSA that shoot MOA I had one that shot 2 MOA I traded mine for an outdoor boiler no complaints. I would suggest a trigger upgrade if your an accuracy guy but the spray and pray guys should love it as is.
I'm looking for a trigger upgrade now

Years ago their chf uppers were made by FN and were very nice. Not sure who makes their stuff now but have put together 2 of their freedom series for friends and they function well and shot decent.

Have one exactly like it with the previously stated Larue 2 stage trigger. Have only ran 55g loads so far but they go where I point it so far lol.

PSA is the Harbor Freight of the gun world. Their stuff is a good bang for the buck. I have built AR's on PSA stuff and have ordered several of their uppers. They are great for a CQB set up but not going to be "sub moa all day" rifles. The CHF stuff is very good.

Look at cmc triggers also. Complete unit 1 piece and break like glass. Bang for the buck - LaRue

I "think" they started building in house and their quality control is really suffering. That being said I have one of their early uppers and it shoots 62g bonded rounds in 3/4 of an inch at 100.

I think they are very good for the price point. I own several, I'm fairly certain all of them are honestly 1" groups at 100 with cheap vortex scopes and factory 55 hollow point. Ammo. I built a 224 Valkyrie with 6.5 twist and loaded some Ammo with the 90 grain Sierra and with no load development shot roughly 3/8" groups. I did replace all the triggers with geissele ssa triggers. I do like nice custom bolt rifles so I have always been a little embarrassed that I secretly love the PSA. I guess I'm not an Ar connoisseur because to be honest I have had great luck with them and can't see paying more when you get decent value with the PSA

Consider using an adjustable gas block. With higher end velocity loads the shorter barrel tends to over gas. At least in the upper I have. I put a JP gas block on mine. So far so good.

I have an upper that is very similar, same length, twist and chamber. It is five round group - sub MOA with hand loads and their polished trigger group. Not a precision rifle but certainly accurate and sub MOA when I have shot groups. I have only had it out to 400, just have not taken it further because other rifles need love too.

I have tried the PSA Enhanced Trigger (click this) on my nephews rifle and for $99 shipped, will be ordering one.

I have attached some of the first rounds I shot with the 224 down below. Remember this was with absolutely no load development. I just used that load and didn't even touch it after words I don't have much interest in this because of the speed.

Attachments

• 95BBB585-F9CA-4614-8B74-877120815AB7.jpeg
    95BBB585-F9CA-4614-8B74-877120815AB7.jpeg
    554.3 KB · Views: 83