Opinions needed- 230gr Berger H1000 Ladder Test

As for the shots 13&14, those were the best I saw too and the three shot group was with them @ 102.8 gr. on the right, it's not bad at just over 1 MOA and I would have been happy 20 years ago but I'm wanting better nowadays.

Now I see what you did. I did'nt connect the ladder test with the 3 shot group below until you explained it.
If you already tried playing with seating depth and primers I would call it quites with the 230s.
10.5 twist seems odd though, are you sure the rod was turning all the way through? (no matter, 9" would be better anyway).

I developed a load for a friend three weeks ago using the 230's in the same gun.

Best results
100 gr Retumbo
Max length just to where the cartridge will clear the magazine
MV 3050

Pressure signs at 105gr and 101-104gr did not show near the group capability.

I don't think it would hurt to try RETUMBO with such a large case and heavy 230s. Your H1000 seems to be all over the place.

Another option you might consider is the 200 gr Accubond with its BC of .588. It would buck the wind better than either of your TSX loads plus would give better expansion at longer yardages where velocity is down. My Accumark 30-378 shoots them around 3/4 moa. Just a thought.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts