Opinions? Montana Precision Rifles

Jack Hoyt

Hello,

Looking for a great entry to mid level LR rifle. Was waiting to get a Legendary Arms Works but they just dont seem to exist and keep on hearing "no shipped yet".

I found Montana Precision Rifles in fff and really like the MPR 700 package with a Vortex HS LR scope. Seem to be a great value but they have been in business since May 2015 and looking for feedback and opinions. Suggestions always welcome also. Thank you!
Was thinking 300 Win Mag for future West hunting of Mule Deer and Elk.

https://www.mtprecisionrifles.com/

For me, Long Range is 400-750 yards max. gun)

Knew nothing about them either. But the MRP 700, doesn't seem like a great deal. If you take the parts and add them up so you can see what you are paying for labor etc.

MPR 700 Package = $2995
Rifle and all parts scope/rings/trigger = $2058
That leaves $937 you are paying to put the trigger in, mount the scope, bed the action, and work up a load.

Installing trigger, mount scope, bed the action, and work up a load are all things you can do yourself. The hardest and least fun would be bedding the action, but no real experience is needed to do it. And the rifle might shoot very very well without the action bedded! Usually it is good to put the rifle together, then shoot it, then bed the action and see if there is improvement.

I think you get to know the rifle better if you do these things yourself. but if not comfortable doing them, I would say MRP would do a fine job.

Their full customs sure do look interesting though.

Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.