Open Sights

ericstokes250

I'm think about trying them out, i like the fact you can shoot at all kinds of different angles. I never gave this tool a chance so any advice or any product suggestion would be great? Thanks Hunters

I would think open sight are really for more close angle shoots, also for guns that you couldn't really mount a scope on. I think it might be great if you wanna test it. Let me know how it goes.

If you plan on trying open sights for longer range hunting, you almost need to have a good peep sight installed on your rifle. The military uses peep sights on their weapons and they can shoot reaonably well to 500 meters. I definatley reccomend using optics for shots past 300.

I qualified at 500 yds in the corps. You couldn't see the target. You aimed at the center of the white six-foot square target backer.

Tiny aperture peep sights are a must. I would consider anything over two-hundered yds unethical with a peep. Less with open-sights.

I think it would be a great challenge to try to break 1K with some open sights. It would rank right up there with a 100 yard bow kill.

Probably you would need something like this http://www.phoenixprec.com/index.php

The highpower guys know a lot about this kind of stuff.

About 72 MOA of adjustment just like a long range scope.

I wish my eyes were still good enough because I might give you a run for your money. Sounds like a lot of fun to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.